Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lenten Activities for Your Family, Pt. 3: A Lenten Countdown Calendar


This year I was looking for something a little different as a countdown calendar for my kids.  I wanted to focus on a few of the reasons why there are forty days.  The Israelites wandered in the wilderness for forty years, and Jesus prayed in the desert for forty days.  The Israelites returned to faithfulness during that time, and Jesus was strengthened for His mission during his time in the desert.  The Meteorologist, Actor and I have been talking about how Lent is a time of our own walk in the desert, and it strengthens us to better live out our faith.

I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I made my own!  This is a desert countdown calendar that culminates in the sunrise of Easter.  Kids can color it the way I did above so that by Easter they have a fully  colored in scene, or they could use the traditional purple of Lent.  You can also print out the colored-in version and cross off days that way.

Click here for the colored-in version, and the B & W version to color yourself is here.


Happy Counting Down!!

           Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment